The Ultimate Thanksgiving Stuffing
Stuffing, the King of All Thanksgiving Sides.
Stuffing looks at mashed potatoes and is all like stupid ass carbs with no flavor. I’m tearing this shit up with some serious flavor and carbs.
When I was asked to make a Mic Dropping Thanksgiving Dish… Stuffing is my jam and I knew I was making a stuffing recipe!
I’m teaming up with my Fucking Fab Food Bloggers to Drop the Mic for your Thanksgiving and we have almost every base covered so check out these other amazing recipes:
Bread, Booze and Bacon made Creamed Spinach with Bacon.
All Roads Lead to the Kitchen made a Cranberry Port Ring.
Nomageddon made Pumpkin Pie Bars.
This Mama Cooks Made a Gluten Free Deep Dish Pumpkin Coconut Cream Pie.
Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine made Kickass Green Bean Stuffarole.
Where are all my #TeamStuffing people?? Holla atcha girl!
How does one make the ultimate stuffing… I went with my fallback ideas the obvious, bacon, beer and booze. But no I went in another direction, a healthier one.
But okay there is a little bacon in it. ðŸ˜œ ðŸ·
Old habits die hard.
What makes an epic stuffing??
It must have ALL the awesome flavors of Thanksgiving covered!
Pumpkin (seeds) âœ”ï¸
Sweet Potatoes âœ”ï¸
Butternut Squash âœ”ï¸
Bacon (for good measure) âœ”ï¸ âœ”ï¸
Italian Sausage (why not) âœ”ï¸ âœ”ï¸
STUFFING âœ”ï¸ âœ”ï¸ âœ”ï¸
I basically roasted every awesome fall Thanksgiving vegetable and even fruits all together with a little butter (seriously just a bit) and a little brown sugar and put it in the heartiest stuffing that eats like a meal.
What veggies and fruits are in it?
Sweet potato, apple, onion, carrots, butternut squash with dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
Oh and don’t forget all that beautiful sage and turkey stock and apple cider??
Bitch you be tripping!
Nope it’s fucking Fall-tastic!
This stuffing has complex carbs, protein and vegetables….Maybe you should just skip the turkey??
One again #TeamStuffing all the way baby!
Yes it’s epic… It’s like three sides in one!
I’m such a multitasker!
Why roast veggies and serve ’em in the side? Put them in your stuffing… Oh and that lowers the guilt factor too! ðŸ˜‡
Roasted veggies are the freaking candy of vegetable land. You see a regular steamed broccoli you say, okay I’ll eat some I guess. ðŸ˜•
But when you eat one piece of roasted broccoli you ate the whole tray and are super sad it’s gone! ðŸ˜©
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 package butternut squash, diced
- 3 small honeycrisp apples, diced
- 4 carrots, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2.5 tablespoon salted butter (for the roasted vegetables)
- 7 large sage leaves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Leaves of 1 sprig of rosemary
- Leaves of 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 long multigrain baguette or about 5 cups of diced multigrain bread
- 1/2 stick butter (for the stuffing mix)
- 7 sage leaves sliced
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup turkey stock
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Shaved Parmeggiano Reggiano
- Preheat oven to 450º
- Place all chopped vegetables in a large bowl
- In a small bowl melt 2.5 tablespoons of butter in the microwave with the sliced sage leaves.
- Mix in the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, rosemary and thyme.
- Combine the butter, seasoning and sugar mixture with the diced vegetables.
- Roast on a cookie sheet in the oven for about 15 minutes on each side.
- Use the large bowl from before and add in the cubed bread and all the roasted vegetables.
- Melt 1/2 stick butter with the sage leaves
- Add that in with EVERYTHING else and mix well!
- Bake in and 11" x 17" pan for 25- 30 minutes, or until top is slightly browned.
- Garish the top with oil coated sage leaves (optional pretty touch)
- 1. I used murasaki sweet potatoes that is why they are white
- 2. I used multicolored carrots for extra color.
- 3. This is a lot of work, but totally delicious and fun to make as a family.